On this weeks HomeBase Podcast episode, I talked about STEM Education. For more information on what STEM is and why it’s so important, be sure to listen to the episode. This post is all about some cool fun wacky creative activities you can do with your kids to help them grow in STEM! Because I love you all (and because the former teacher inside of me is screaming to get out from time to time) I have compiled a list of the bestest coolest STEM activities out there and links to directions on how to do each and every one! If this list isn’t enough excitement for you then be sure to click on the Pinterest link and head on over to my page to check out my Education Board and get some more inspiration!
Also (side note) if you did listen to the podcast this week, and you were loving the sound of my sensory bottles you can see all the ones that my little guy currently has in the picture featured in this post! To see more awesome sensory bottles that I’ve made you will just have to go check them out on Pinterest.
The Bestest most Amazing List of STEM Activities EVER!
1. Your very own Jellyfish – https://bhoomplay.wordpress.com/2011/09/09/diy_jellyfish_eng/
2. Greater Than, Less Than Math Monster – http://wendyjanelle.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaching-greater-than-less-than.html?m=1
3. Lego Math – http://www.oneperfectdayblog.net/2013/03/27/lego-math-games/
5. Weather Sensory Bottles – http://www.two-daloo.com/weather-sensory-bottles-circle-time/
6. Roll a Robot Dice Game – https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Roll-a-Robot-Game-962815
7. Marshmallow Catapult – http://random-scraps.blogspot.com/2010/06/marshmallow-catapult.html?m=1
8. Earth Plate Movement Experiment – http://blogs.green.resolute.com/blogs/homeschool-den/2011/02/02/science/earth-science-plate-movements-earthquakes-volcanoes-and-mountain-making/
9. Candy Corn Math Match – http://heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com/2012/09/candy-corn-math-with-printables.html?m=1
10. Weather Experiment – http://www.readingconfetti.com/2013/04/50-science-activities-for-kids-kids-co.html?m=1
11. Color Changing Carnations – http://www.science-sparks.com/2011/09/26/changing-colour-flowers-with-transpiration/
12. Skewer a Balloon – http://www.science-sparks.com/2013/03/19/how-to-put-a-skewer-through-a-balloon/
13. Egg in a Jar Experiment – http://www.science-sparks.com/2011/09/19/investigating-air-pressure-more-eggs/
14. Make Glue from Milk – http://www.science-sparks.com/2012/02/06/make-glue-from-milk/
15. Homemade Butter – http://www.science-sparks.com/2012/05/04/making-butter/
16. Bread in a Bag – http://www.blissfulroots.com/2013/01/homemade-bread-in-bag.html?m=1
17. Ice cream in a Bag – http://www.2littlehooligans.com/2011/06/02/how-to-make-homemade-ice-cream-in/
18. Geometric Bubbles – http://babbledabbledo.com/science-engineering-kids-tensile-bubbles/?m
19. Marshmellows and Toothpick Structures – http://www.theidearoom.net/2009/08/marshmallow-and-toothpick-buildings.html
20. Egg Drop Challenge – http://buggyandbuddy.com/egg-drop-challenge-free-planning-printable-2014/
I Hope this has sparked some interest and excitement! Go get your STEM ON! And don’t forget for even more great ideas just head on over to Pinterest and search “STEM Activities.”