Last week I got my rather rough intro into the world of teething, and let me just say that it’s very very tiring. None the less I have found some tips and tricks that got us through the first wave and of course I had to share! As usual this is just a quick summarized list. If you want more details then listen to this weeks HomeBase Podcast episode!
1. Frozen Pacifiers – http://www.housemixblog.com/2013/11/21/teething-remedies-best-teething-toys/
2. Essential Oils – you can diffuse lavender or dilute it and roll it on the outside of your child’s jaw.
3. Cold Wash Rag – run it under water, place it in the fridge, wrap it around a frozen cube of baby food, or add a Tablespoon of puréed food for a fun teether that feels so good on your baby’s gums.
4. Teethers – this is our favorite that is featured in the picture above. http://m.target.com/p/baby-banana-brush-infant-teething-toothbrush/-/A-15993444?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=15993444&CPNG=Baby&kpid=15993444&LID=9pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=15993444&kpid=15993444&gclid=COvsjqje7MYCFYsWHwodwNANjQ
5. Amber Teething Jewelry – I forgot to mention this one in the podcast. This is one of those things that it’s hard to say if it helps or not cause your baby can’t tell you, however I have one for myself and it helps me tremendously! I have also gotten one for my grandmother and she no longer has shooting pains in her legs! Here is a link that goes into detail in how they work: http://dailymom.com/nurture/top-3-tips-for-amber-teething-necklaces/
5. Finger Foods – anything your little munchkin can chew on will help those guns feel better. Here are some suggestions: Frozen Yogurt Pellets, Banana Chunks, Avocado Chunks, Steamed Veggies, Soft Fruits, Homemade Baby Popsicles (think puréed food frozen in ice tray) and Puffs.
6. Teething a Cookies – recipe to come soon but go search on Pinterest for Teething Cookies and you will see what I’m talking about.
7. Chamomile Tea – this is another one I didn’t include on the podcast. Chamomile will help soothe those achy gums. My favorite way to give my baby some Chamomile is in this Gripe Water recipe: http://mymerrymessylife.com/2013/07/homemade-gripe-water-for-colic-in-babies.html
Well that’s it everybody! Keep your thermometer close by to monitor that temperature and I highly suggest giving your little babes some bananas to eat. My little fellow got bad diarrhea and the banana helped him a lot. Good Luck and don’t be afraid to ask family for help so you can take a well deserved break!